Tuesday, August 05, 2003

It's Tuesday, hurrah. It's the same as yesterday, but in this fair country it is slightly warmer than it was 24 hours ago.

Woke up this morning, wishing I was still alseep so I decided to put on the TV. Mindless TV I have you know and I get no pleasure out of watching morning television! Anyway, I was watching when suddenly all channels buggered off! It suddenly fucked up. Things like that, technology pissing up, irritates me so much. And it is hot so I get all the more angry. But screw that. Need to apply for more jobs and get some books out for an arse hole essay I have to rewrite.

On the Laughing Gas front of things and the writing things in general. Things are a rocking and a rolling. Wrote ten pages yesterday in a few hours which I was really pleased with, but then again I have re-read it yet so there may still be time for me to find out that i suck in general at writing. The book so far, according to those who have read it, is directionless, and if there was a direction it has yet to happen. The direction will unfold, the best stories unfold at a pace, they unfold with the character, we get to know him and it unfolds. It unfolds you see! Currently the book has introduced us to the main character Jack, his life, his feelings on the world, his friends and his ex-girlfiend, his drug use and his strange mind, and the thing that seems to be munching its way through it, a snake of some sort. Chapter 7 which i am currently writing is all about Jack dreaming, he has gone to bed and has begun dreaming. I have written a sex scene of sorts, my first i might add, and it was very odd writing such a thing, not because I got turned on by it, because I didn't despite what my girlfriend Nikki may say. But it was just kind of weird to be imagining such a thing, especially as i knew what my intent was and what I was going to do with. The chick he is having sex with turns into a snake. Very Freudian I guessssssssss.

Also Darkness Rising season three is slowly getting to its conclusion. Darkness Rising is an idea for a TV show that began about three and ahalf years ago, nearly four years ago. Everyone who ever read it thought it was brilliant, well maybe not brilliant but they all liked it. It is a show that concerns two detectives investigating violent crimes. The twist is that one of the detectives has been given the role of the Luminary, a being of light that acts as the balance between good and evil. The trouble is both good and evil want him and thus a power struggle is ensuing. It is Seven, meets Spawn, meets Monty Python. I think that just about covers it. Anyway there was a website that housed the first two seasons but that has kinda got lost in the wide world. It was getting a revamp and what is left of that site is still up.
Take a ganders if you will.

Films you must see Punch- Drunk Love and Adapatation. Bought both recently and they rock. Also any Bruce Campbell fans must check out the trailer for his new film Bubba Ho-Tep. looks very cool! Unlike me who is sweating profoundly, for a skinny guy I sure do drip with the sweat, explains why i'm skinny i guess.


CURRENT MOOD: hot and annoyed
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: 'Clarity' by Jimmy Eat World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home